1 tsp olive oil
350g lean lamb cubed
1 garlic clove or tsp dried garlic
1 tbsp plain flour
400ml lamb stock, made with concentrate
200g chopped tomatoes
1 bouquet garni
1 x 400g flageolet beans, drained
300g or handful green beans
200g or handful of cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper
1, Heat oil in pan, add the lamb and fry for 3-4 mins until browned all over, set aside.
2. Add the onions and garlic and fry until drowned slightly, approx 3-4 mins.
3. Return the lamb to the pan andding any juices, stir through the flour to thicken. Then add in the stock, tomatoes, bouquet garni and beans. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer approx 2 hours or until lamb is tender.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes to the stew and season well. Continue to simmer for about 15-20 mins.
5. Meanwhile place the green beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 mins then blanch cold water. Alternatively you can steam cook.
6. Divide the stew between plates and serve with green beans. Yum! You can also serve some crusty bread to soak up the sauce. Yum Yum!