Makes 6 Muffins
1.5 Ripe Bananas
65ml vegetable oil
2 medium eggs
50 grams soft light brown sugar
110g plain flour
1 1/5 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder (Sifted)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of Soda
2 tablespoons crushed hazelnuts (optional) but gives it a bit of crunch
1 teaspoon cinnamon (Optional) but tastes great
1. preheat oven to 200 deg and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Mash the bananas by hand, still mixing and mashing add in the vegetable oil followed by the eggs and sugar
3. Mix the flour (Sifted), cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda together and add to mixture, gently mixing together.
4. Spoon mixture evenly between prepared paper cases.
5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until knife runs clear. Muffins should be dark, have risen above cases and by slightly hard on top.
6. Allow to cook on rack. Enjoy with a nice coffee on it’s own or with some frosting on top, whichever your preferred taste.