THE BIG JAFFA CAKE
150g Caster Sugar
150g Self Raising Flour
2 teaspoons vanilla paste
1 packet orange jelly
juice of 1 orange/ or 1 tablespoon of orange liqueur (optional)
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
100g dark chocolate
splash of milk
**Night before make Jelly as instructed on packet adding in either the juice of orange or liqueur, leave in fridge overnight. (Tip…put in tin about 1″ diameter smaller than cake tin and lay in cling film before putting jelly mixture in.**
1. Preheat oven using Cake Mode (approx. 10 mins)
2. Grease cake tin – approx. 18-23cm
3. Cream together using a mixer, butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
4. Add eggs one at a time and beat for few minutes, add in vanilla paste and fold in the flour.
5. Pour mixture into cake tin and put in oven for approx 30 mins or until skewer inserted is clear.
6. One cake is cooked leave to completely cool.
7. Once cooled slice a very thin layer off top of cake to level it
8. in microwave for about 30 secs, melt orange marmalade and then brush marmalade onto top of cake (this helps jelly stay on)
9. Finally melt the chocolate either using an induction hob on No. 1 or in bowl over boilng water, add in butter and milk and mix. May need to add more milk to get it more runny.
10. Pour chocolate over cake evenly and leave to set.