275g sifted plain flour
300g caster sugar
45g good-quality cocoa powder
125ml vegetable oil
11/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
11/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C on Multilevel or you can use the Cake setting. Grease and flour a small 15-18cm baking tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, soda and salt. Add sugar and mix together.
- Add oil, water and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared baking tin. Bake for approx. 45 mins or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
For chocolate sauce:-
50g margarine, melted
45g unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g icing sugar or 450g icing sugar if you want a frosting instead.
1. In a large bowl, beat margarine and cocoa together until combined.
2. Add milk and vanilla; beat until smooth.
3. Gradually beat in icing sugar until desired consistency is achieved. You may use less than stated. Adjust with more milk or icing sugar if necessary.